Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Front Doors From New England

Burlington, Vermont
Burlington, Vermont
On a  recent trip to New England, my husband and I had many opportunities to just throw away the schedule, go where the road leads us and explore!  This is a VERY BIG DEAL for my husband, Lincoln.  Together we indulged in one of my favorite things to do and that is driving by houses.  I'm a pretty cheap date, right?  Together, we try to imagine what these homes look like inside, how much they must cost and how we would change the look of things if anyone of them were our home.
Burlington, Vermont
Burlington, Vermont

Burlington, Vermont
Mansfield, Massachusetts

Cape Cod, Massachusetts




















As we drove through various neighborhoods, I couldn't help but be captured by the many ways New England-ers express themselves through their colorful front doors!  These are only a very few that we saw, but I wanted to share them with you.

May they inspire you to express yourself - starting at YOUR front door!

Burlington, Vermont

 
Burlington, Vermont
Burlington, Vermont
Foxsboro, Massachusetts
Many of these homes are found in Vermont that has been hit hard with flooding as a result of Hurricane Irene.  Pray with me for these areas and that these homes and many others will remain as beautiful as they were the day I took these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment