Do you want have the home that everybody wants to buy? Well here are a few tips to get you started to being the favorite home in the neighborhood!
2. Wash your windows and screens to let more light into the interior.
3. Keep everything extra clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates. Mop and wax floors. Clean the stove and refrigerator. A clean house makes a better first impression and convinces buyers that the home has been well care for.
4. Get rid of smells. Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odors, smoke and pet smells. Open the windows.
5. Put higher wattage bulbs in the light sockets to make rooms seem brighter, especially basements and other dark rooms. Replace any burnt out bulbs.
6. Make minor repairs that can create a bad impression. Small problems, such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, or a dripping faucet, may seem trivial, but they'll give buyers the impression that the house isn't well maintained.
7. Tidy your yard. Cut the grass, rake the leaves, trim the bushes, edge the walks. Put a pot or two of bright flowers near the entryway.
8. Patch holes in your driveway and reapply sealant, if applicable.
9. Clean your gutters.
10. Polish your front doorknob and door numbers.