Monday, October 31, 2011

Cheapest Decorating Tip with Biggest Impact

Paint is the best way to decorate on a budget.  My last post dealt with painting your kitchen cabinets for major impact.  Let's continue painting, but move to the walls.  But let's go a step beyond just painting the walls.  Let's paint wall designs!

My husband and I just completed painting our basement family room.  It had a been a dark green flat paint so it felt like a dungeon.  We chose a lighter eggshell paint and wow, what a difference.  But I decided to take it a step further and paint some designs.  I will post pictures in an upcoming post.  But for now, let's take a look at some of the possibilities.

Tools needed:  A level, tape measure, pencil and blue painter's tape......and a calculator if you're not very good with Math.  The rest is up to your imagination.  Take a look at some of these ideas.










No comments:

Post a Comment